Friday, March 15, 2013
The Lord's Prayer
I'm about to be in the fifth grade, and I don't care. I care for nothing anymore. Now, I try to be bad. I no longer minded her punishments. In fact, I welcomed them. I wanted to die. This life, or whatever you want to call it, it worthless. I'm worthless. I have begun to believe there is no God for me. There can't be. How could God let me suffer like this? I have done nothing but remained strong. All of these years, I kept the Lord close to my heart. I've done nothing but pray for help. He's given my nothing. If there is a God, I hate him. I realize what else I hate...
everything. I hate my mother with a passion. I could only wish death
upon her. Sometimes, at night, I would try to calculate how soon she
would die, in hopes to gain freedom. I hate my brothers because she
didn't beat them and because the just stood by - watching. They were her
servants. I hate my coward father for leaving me like this. I hate this
madhouse. I hate my life. It was living Hell, and I hated it all. Most
of all, I hate myself. I hate myself for not being stronger. For not
standing up to her. For being so pathetic. I was cold heartened and knew
nothing but hatred before I've even entered the fifth grade. I have come to realize, there is no salvation for me. And even though I have decided God doesn't exist - I still find myself praying to him. Asking. Begging. For anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
David,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about all of the kids in your class that have made fun of you for so long and for your mother for doing this to you and for your father leaving you behind. Sometimes, in these situations, we just need someone to be there or someone to believe in to get us through things like this. I know you say you don't believe in God but you still find yourself praying to him for help. I wish help would have came sooner for you and I'm glad that, even at this time where you might have felt like God wasn't there and that you didnt believe in him, you still held on and didn't give up completely.
- Your Teacher