Friday, February 8, 2013
The Rescue
For an eventful morning, I seem rather pleased with myself. Although I was behind schedule and hadn't finished the dishes in time for mother's liking, I did receive breakfast! The wonderful remains of my brothers cereal bowl, which only contained a few bits of Lucky Charm, but was great considering I wasn't allowed to eat dinner last night. And apart from my morning punishment (for her catching me with my hand out of the soapy dish water) I put on an Oscar winning act for mother - helpless and defeated. I knew she felt accomplished, because she left the kitchen with an utmost satisfied look on her face. But as soon as she left the, my body relieved itself. She may beat me all she desires, but she will never take away my will to somehow survive... And that means way more than any old bruise or scar. Mother can have all the battles, it's the war that's MINE! Unfortunately, I was a little late for school. You might be thing "unfortunately?!," but I really like school. It gives me time away from mother. Time away from life. Even though I don't have any friends... My mom, as a form of humiliation, only allows me only one outfit. And over two years, my shirt, pants, and shoes have all worn down - a lot. Plus, I guess I kinda smell bad. Not too bad, though, because I got used to it. They haven't. My classmates never let me forget, either. When I finally arrive at school, I'm quite late. So I have to go to the office. As I sit and wait, the nurse comes out and pulls me into her office. She routinely checks my body, and today I guess my new marks drew attention. She asks me what happened to my eye. I know better than to tell the truth. That I was a bad boy this morning, so mother slammed my head into the kitchen counter. No... I tell her I accidentally ran into the door. The accidental part, is most important... After thinking, she pulls out her clip board. She surprises me "Look here, David. You said that last week -" I quickly change my story. "I was playing baseball, and I accidentally got hit with the bat." I don't think she believes me though. However, she releases me to class. I have a test today, and I'm not properly prepared. Just as I sit down, though, a police officer pulls me right back out of class. Uhh ohh. I just know I'm going to jail. He knows I'm a bad boy, and by the looks of it - so do my classmates. I deserve to be in jail though, so maybe this is best. To my surprise, he takes me into a room with all of my teachers. They make me tell the officer the truth. I hesitate. Too many people know, already. I fold though, and spill my guts to them. An emotional wave hits the room, and one of my teachers have to leave the room, crying. The police man then takes me to his car, and I know we're about to go downtown. To jail... He does take me downtown, but he doesn't lock me up. He does, however, call my mom. I would have rather been locked in prison. I just know I'll get it this time. Way worse that this morning. Worse than anything she's ever done. He tells her I'll be spending the night in jail. I happy that she can't get to me tonight, at least. Then he puts me back and the car, and we drive towards the highway? We head out of town...and I'm so confused. Where are we going? What's he going to do? Then he tells me I'm free. What does that mean? Free?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
David,
ReplyDeleteHey man. Mr. Ziegler came told us the truth about you. I feel terrible about never suspecting. Your mother sounds like a horrible person. I'm glad you are safe. I hope that you will find happiness and that maybe one day I will see you again.
Sincerely,
A Classmate