Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Fight for Food

A while after the burn incident, school became my only hope of escape. I knew at school, I would be free from mother - even if it were only for eight hours. September came fast and the new school year was about to start. I was sooo happy. Mother, surprisingly, bought me a nice new clothes and a very shiny lunch pail. However, since I had to wear the close week after week, they quickly became weathered, torn, and smelly. I was normally covered in bruises - but when asked, without thought, mother's brainwashed excuses fled my mouth. More than often, she would "forget" to feed me dinner. Breakfast wasn't much hope either. It was hard to sleep at night, with my stomach begging for food. "Maybe tomorrow," I would comfort my belly. When sleep finally came, I would dream of divine feasts prepared for me, specially. My mouth would soon water and my empty stomach would pout. I became smart enough to start stealing snacks out of my classmate's lunch bags. They soon traced the evidence to me, and my classmate's hated me even more. Of course, they called home. That meant double punishment when I came home. By now, I was "the Boy." No more David. Since I was such a bad boy at school, the principle called in Mother for a meeting. She dressed up and played the part, making it  seem like I hurt myself for attention. She brought in my new baby brother, and showed the loving mother side that I no longer knew. So, satisfied, my principle thanked her and walked her out. That summer, we made our last trip even to the Russian river - my favorite place in the world. Fed up with my starvation, mother made me eat my baby brothers dirty diaper. I tried everything to escape it. Even stalling until Father and my brother returned. But I failed, unluckily. I tasted and smelt the diaper for days. I had no dignity.When I returned to school, I was still "Pelzer-Smellzer," and my hunger remained. One day, I had an idea. At recess, I had to stand alone - so no one really noticed me. My plan was to sneak to the store and steal food, but return by the end of recess and act like I never left. It took weeks to make this plan fool-proof. Even when it was finished to perfection, I was to scared to go. One day,  went for it. I got to the store quicker that scheduled - so I had time to browse. I finally got nervous, took the first thing I saw (which happened to be crackers) and run. I hid them in the boys bathroom trash, and when I returned to eat them, I couldn't believe what I saw, the janitor had already come and emptied the trash. All of my planning...down the drain. It wasn't over, though. Then next day, I returned. And It became a weekly thing. As always, I got caught. Mother punished me and things went back to normal.Then I started stealing bits of food from the school cafeteria's freezer. Mother made me puke it up though. After she made me eat my puke, I laid off stealing food for a while. I knew I made Mother very mad, because she then informed me that I was no longer 'privileged' enough to sleep in the house. She threw me down to the garage, and from that point on, I slept out there on an old army cot. The after school "vomit test" became an every day thing. But I figured If I somehow got food in the morning, it would be digested by the time I got home. So, I began begging for food from houses on my way to school. This was successful until I accidentally went to a house of Mother's acquaintance. Her punishment... a spoonful of ammonia? Finally, a punishment I could take easily. If I could eat a dirty diaper, I sure as heck could swallow a little bit of liquid. As soon It hit my throat,  I couldn't breathe. I tried and tried and tried, but nothing happened. I began to panic. I was going to die, I knew it. But, with Mother's slap, I burped - and I could breathe again. he repeated this punishment the next night as well. My tongue was blistered and peeling and hurt a lot. Since then, I have had to swallow Clorox and Mother's favorite - soap. I took a time or two before I figured out how to no actually swallow the soap. I was very proud! Yet again, Mother did not win!

No comments:

Post a Comment